Today Anker has unveiled a new Echo Dot competitor called Genie, the product will be launched under its sub-brand Eufy, and will cost $15 less than theEcho Dot. Eufy is no stranger to smart products and currently sells products such as the RoboVac.
The Genie is not yet available for purchase but will hit Amazon on August 16th with a price tag of just $35 and will have the same 3.5mm jack connector as the Dot, however, Genie does not include Bluetooth connectivity but Anker plans on addressing this with a $40 version in the near future. Anker does claim that it will offer improved audio of the Amazon alternative but we are yet to see a comparison.
With the Genie, users can:
● Stream music: Genie will play your favorite music from Amazon Music or Pandora— its 2W speaker delivers a warm feeling sound. You can also connect your speaker via the AUX port. Support for Spotify is coming soon.
● Control all Eufy smart appliances with your voice.
● Access 15,000+ skills, covering every service the Internet has to offer.
● Get your daily briefings—news, weather calendar, sports scores—without lifting a finger.
● Add items to your shopping and to-do list just by asking.
● Ask questions and get quick answers.
● Set timers and alarms – perfect for making your favorite dishes.
● Order delivery when you don’t feel like cooking.
Original Source The Verge