With the recent malware news on idevices now would be a good time to remind people to setup 2 step authentication on iTunes.
To enable two step authentication simply follow this guide.
1. Visit the My Apple ID page then select the Manage your Apple ID button on the right-hand side of the site.
2. Log-in with the correct credentials of the Apple ID for which you want to enable two-step authentication.
3. Select the Password & Security option from the left hand menu, under the heading Two-Step Verification and select Get Started. 4. The next stage explains a little bit about the verification process once you have read if Select Continue to proceed. On this page there is more information again once read select Continue again to proceed.
5. The final ‘Warning’ message is then displayed. Select the Get Started option to continue with the process.
6. Once the process has officially begun, you will need to add a device(s) to the account and then grant permission for that device to receive the four-digit code that is required for access. Select the device you want to verify from the list. Note: You can also add a device to the list which are associated with a phone number and are capable of receiving an SMS. This option will grant you the perk of receiving the verification code via SMS. Step 7: A verification code will then be sent to you on your iOS device, enter this code on the two-step verification website to complete the verification process. Step 8: You will now be presented with a Recovery Key, it’s a good idea to print it or take an image of it and store it in a safe place. Press Continue.
Step 9: This step involves the confirmation of the recovery key, type the recovery key you received in step 8. Hit Confirm, and agree to Apple’s terms and conditions and click on Enable Two-Step Verification.
10. That’s it, you’re done, two-step verification is now enabled for your Apple ID.
Article from Redmond pie