Apple Launched The AirPods just short of one year after the Apple TV 4th generation, however the Apple TV does not currently support AirPods pairing via iCloud, however considering the iPhone 5c and connect easily we hope that Apple will be able to do the same with a software update to the Apple TV, in the meantime connecting the Apple TV manually is still possible.
1) Ensure that your AirPods are in the charging case.
2) Open the AirPods case lid.
3) Press and hold the circular setup button on the back near the bottom of the charging case until the status light between your AirPods at the top of the case starts blinking white.
4) a) On your Apple TV (4th Gen) go to Settings – Remotes and Devices – Bluetooth.
b) If you are on an older Apple TV go to Settings – General – Bluetooth.
5) Click your AirPods underneath the Other Devices heading.
6) Click Connect Device to start pairing.