If you have ever tried the Adobe Creative Cloud you may find that no matter how hard you try to remove the tool a part of it remains taking up room.
Thankfully the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool allows you to remove all installation records for Creative Cloud or Creative Suite applications that may have become corrupted or may be causing problems or simply want to remove it.
Follow the steps below for Mac:
– Back up all files stored in Adobe product directories, including custom plug-ins or profiles you have installed.
– To uninstall Creative Cloud or Creative Suite applications, in the Finder, navigate to Applications > Utilities > Adobe Installers.
– Double-click the application’s uninstaller.
– Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the uninstallation.
– Restart your computer.
– Download the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool for Mac: click the link to download the file here.
– If you see a download or save file prompt, click Save File to download it on your computer. To run the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool, double-click the AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.dmg file.
– Double-click Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool and follow the onscreen instructions in this order:
Choose your language: Type e for English or j for Japanese, and then press Return. Review the Adobe End-User License Agreement: Type y to accept or n to decline (if you decline, the script stops). Press Return. From the menu in the upper-right corner of the script window, select the version of the application you want to remove. Press Return. From the table, select the app you want to clean up, and then click Cleanup. (Click Clean All to clean up all installer-related files for the version of the CC or CS app you chose in step c.) (Optional) If you’re unable to connect to Adobe’s servers, select Fix Host Files from the table to repair your host files, and then click Cleanup. The Cleaner Tool creates a backup of the hosts files (named hosts_bkup) in the same directory, which you can revert to if a problem occurs.
– When you see the message “Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool completed successfully,” click Quit and restart your computer.